- Archive by Category "Stucco Homes"
Barry Eliason, owner of Stucco Pro, a St. Paul company that tests for water problems in stucco houses, said he hasn't seen "a single home that is less than 20 years old that doesn't have a significant area of moisture[...]read more
I recently concluded that invasive moisture testing is the only reliable test method for stucco homes, but then had another home inspector in San Diego write an opposing post titled Invasive "testing"? Are you kidding?, wherein he opines that[...]read more
Stucco homes in Minnesota built since the late 80's or so have had a nasty history of catastrophic failures. Having a stucco home scanned with an infrared camera as an alternative to invasive moisture testing may sound like a great[...]read more
Thanks for visiting!
This is a blog about home inspections and home related topics in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul areas. I try to focus on topics and issues, rather than stories and anecdotes... but you'll still find a few of those. To subscribe to this blog, sign up below.
Click this link to view Reuben's Google profile.
Subscribe To This Blog
- Seek Thermal Infrared Camera: A $199 IR Camera for Androids and iPhones
- Water Heater Backdrafting: What if you can’t reproduce the problem?
- Q&A: Heat Exchanger Cracks and Carbon Monoxide Myths
- Window Replacement Part 4: (Vinyl) Lindsay, Alside, Simonton, Soft-Lite
- Forgot to Winterize Your Outside Faucet(s)? Here’s what to do.