- Archive by Category "Water Heater Backdrafting"
"No matter what conditions I produce in the house for fans, vents, open doors, hot water running, furnace on, etc. I can't produce conditions that create a backdraft. Do you have any advice?"[...]read more
Last week I blogged about how to determine if a water heater is backdrafting; that's the easy part. The tough part is determining why it's happening and fixing it.[...]read more
I have several different tools that I can use to check draft for proper draft at a water heater if I'm feeling fancy, but there's really no need. To check for proper draft, I simply cup my hands around[...]read more
The most common question that I get when I find a backdrafting water heater is "How can this be fixed?" There are many potentials reasons for a water heater backdrafting, but there are several basic things to check - any[...]read more
Thanks for visiting!
This is a blog about home inspections and home related topics in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul areas. I try to focus on topics and issues, rather than stories and anecdotes... but you'll still find a few of those. To subscribe to this blog, sign up below.
Click this link to view Reuben's Google profile.
Subscribe To This Blog
- Seek Thermal Infrared Camera: A $199 IR Camera for Androids and iPhones
- Water Heater Backdrafting: What if you can’t reproduce the problem?
- Q&A: Heat Exchanger Cracks and Carbon Monoxide Myths
- Window Replacement Part 4: (Vinyl) Lindsay, Alside, Simonton, Soft-Lite
- Forgot to Winterize Your Outside Faucet(s)? Here’s what to do.