- Posts Tagged "how to prevent ice dams"
I’ve written about how to prevent ice dams by fixing attic air leaks and insulation, as well as several hack methods showing how to remove ice dams, but I still get a lot of questions about ice dam prevention. For[...]read more
If you're tired of dealing with ice dams and you've decided to finally get your attic re-insulated, please read this first. You might save yourself a lot of time and money.[...]read more
Occasionally I'll come across a house with no attic space in the areas where heat loss is occurring, or there isn't access to the attic areas. In these cases, it probably isn't cost effective to fix the problems that[...]read more
Thanks for visiting!
This is a blog about home inspections and home related topics in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul areas. I try to focus on topics and issues, rather than stories and anecdotes... but you'll still find a few of those. To subscribe to this blog, sign up below.
Click this link to view Reuben's Google profile.
Subscribe To This Blog
- Seek Thermal Infrared Camera: A $199 IR Camera for Androids and iPhones
- Water Heater Backdrafting: What if you can’t reproduce the problem?
- Q&A: Heat Exchanger Cracks and Carbon Monoxide Myths
- Window Replacement Part 4: (Vinyl) Lindsay, Alside, Simonton, Soft-Lite
- Forgot to Winterize Your Outside Faucet(s)? Here’s what to do.