To comply with the Governor’s 7/25/20 Executive Order 20-81, we at Structure Tech are taking the following precautions when conducting home inspections:
We ask that our client and/or the real estate agent arrive at the home 3 hours after the inspection begins. In addition, each member of the party must wear masks at all times while inside the home and remain at least 6 feet apart from one another. We ask that no more than three people attend the inspection (two buyers plus agent), and children may not attend. Please note: nobody will be allowed into homes without a mask.
While on-site, our inspector will take the following steps to help maintain a sanitary environment in people’s homes:
- Wash hands multiple times during the inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
- Bring our own hand towels to dry our hands after washing.
- Keep alcohol-based hand sanitizer nearby and use it frequently, or wear gloves.
- We will not shake hands or bump fists.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- Our inspector will wear a mask during the entire inspection while indoors. While our client and/or real estate agent attend, everyone in the group will wear a mask inside the home.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection. If our client or their real estate agent display these symptoms, they are asked not to attend the inspection.
These steps apply to all Structure Tech inspectors, chimney inspectors, our radon technicians, and any technicians with DrainBusters, the sewer inspection company we use.
Homeowners and/or tenants will be asked to vacate the property during the inspection.